How do I get a business account?
Anyone can switch their account to business. It’s easy, takes minutes and can all be done in app.
Click on the three lines in the top right hand corner of your profile and select Settings. You’ll see an option called ‘Sign up to to Business Profile’. From there you will be taken through the steps.
To continue to receive Vamp briefs, you will need to connect your Instagram business account to a Facebook Page. If you don’t have a Facebook page, you’ll need to create one, just don’t skip linking the two as your Vamp app won’t work without it!
Does it cost money?
No, it’s completely free.
Will I be negatively effected by the algorithm?
No. There have been a lot of rumours about how the algorithm works but in June Instagram confirmed the following:
- Instagram doesn’t give extra feed presence to personal accounts or business accounts, so switching won’t help or hinder your reach.
- Instagram relies on machine learning based on your past behaviour to decide what to show in your home feed. It takes into account: how interested it thinks you’ll be in the content, how recently it was posted, and how much you usually interact with the person that posted. In other words, it’s the content that matters, not the account setting.
- Shaddowbanning is not a real thing. Instagram doesn’t hide people’s content.
Could I lose followers as a result?
There is no reason you would automatically lose followers from upgrading to a business account.
Will I still receive Vamp briefs without one?
No. Vamp requires all of its influencers to have a business account, linked to a Facebook page.
What are the benefits?
You will continue to receive Vamp briefs.
You will gain:
- Insights into your followers’ information and activity
- Insights into which posts are performing best and how people are discovering them
- The option to promote your posts
- The ‘Swipe Up’ in Stories function (if you have over 10,000 followers)
- Category tags
- A contact button so followers can get in touch directly
Are there any downsides?
Nope. But if you come across one, let us know below.
Why do brands require influencers to have business accounts?
- Audience data gives brands the assurance that by working with an influencer, they are connecting with their target consumer. For example, if a fashion brand was looking to target women in their twenties in Australia and you can prove your audience covers that demographic, then you are going to be chosen over another influencer who can’t prove the same.
- Audience data also gives peace of mind to alcohol brands, for example, who have legal restrictions on who they can target.
- They’re able to receive more thorough insight into how the campaign content performed.
- Influencers with businesses accounts can provide links straight to e-commerce through the ‘Swipe Up’ Story function, making the route from inspiration to purchase short and seamless.
Still got a burning question we’ve not answered? Enter it below.